Looking for FREE tutoring in Calc, Physics, Chemistry, Statics, Dynamics, or other engineering topics? In addition to the three Student Success Centers located in the residence halls, there is now a Parkview location in B-211 that is open Mon- Wed from 6-9 p.m.
Don’t wait until you’ve fallen behind to ask for help. Check out one of our four tutoring centers!
CEAS Exploratory Retention Scholarship
$1,000 one-time award to CEAS Exploratory students who meet specified criteria and are registered for ENGR courses in fall of the following year.
Criteria for selection include:
- Student passes MATH 1110 with ‘B’ or better on 1st attempt in the fall semester
- Student passes MATH 1180 with ‘CB’ or better on 1st attempt in spring semester
Awards: $1,000 Awarded in fall semester of year two
Maintenance: Student must be registered for classes in a CEAS major for fall of the following year. Registration must be completed and grades submitted by April 30.
The CEAS Advising team will compile list of qualified students and submit to Financial Aid prior to the May 1 deadline. Students will be notified of award on their Financial Aid awards package.
All moneys will be awarded in fall of the following year, assuming the student is still enrolled in CEAS coursework. A review will be done in August to verify eligibility.
The value of this scholarship ($1,000) is equal to the stated average cost of differential tuition a CEAS student pays annually.
New Undergraduate Programs and Research Experience for Undergrads Now Online!
• Gain valuable research experience in your chosen field
• Spend your Summer learning in a hands-on environment
• Get paid up to $5000 plus room and board for most opportunities
• Be a part of developing new technology
• No experience neeeded
• Freshmen – seniors are eligible
Check the STEP website for a list of opportunities!
Have questions? Contact Ken Domingue for more information.
Click here to view which scholarships are available to students in the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences. This is not a complete list and many scholarships are available outside of the college. Eligibility requirements apply. If you have any questions about these or any other scholarships please contact the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences Advising Office (269) 276-3270 or visit Parkview Campus room E-102.
Off campus students
WMU students currently living off campus who would like to return to campus housing may sign up online starting at noon February 4, 2014.
Students returning to the residence halls for fall 2014 should complete the online housing contract on the following dates.
Same room sign-up begins at noon Jan. 21, 2014.
New room in same room sign-up begins at noon Jan. 24, 2014.
Main campus Super Single lottery registration is Jan. 24 through 29, 2014. Lottery notification will be via email Jan. 30.
New hall sign-up begins at 10 a.m. January 31, 2014.
Students signing up for a Super Single room should sign up at the Residence Life office. Students returning or moving to a learning community floor should sign up with the hall’s director or at the Residence Life office.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Residence Hall Life website for more details.
Use a semester calendar and start strong! Add your quizzes, tests and other syllabi information. View your entire semester at a glance. Click below to download an 11×17 pdf file of the Semester Calendar. Or stop by the advising office anytime for a printed copy.
Here at STEP we would like to announce the appointment of Dr. Edmund Tsang as Interim Dean of the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, effective July 1, 2013. Please join in thanking Edmund for his willingness to serve the college and university in this role. The press release from University Relations regarding this appointment can be found here.
Students who were not assigned Engineering House and want to change over (while space exists)
1) Go to Residence Life. They will change your assignment in the system and you will get another assignment email within 2 weeks.
2) Email Residence Life at RLemail@example.com and ask to be moved to the engineering hall. They will need your name and WIN included in the email. You will get another assignment email indicating the change within 2 weeks.
Students who have not signed up for housing yet
1) Go to the Residence Life office to sign up. You’ll get an assignment email within 2 weeks.
2) Go online to sign up here. Print the contract and sign it (also need parent signature if under 18). You should keep the terms and conditions portion. Return it to the Residence life office either by fax at (269) 387-4786, or mail to:
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5312
You’ll get an assignment email within 2 weeks.
Questions? Call Residence Life at (269) 387-4735.